Friday, October 31, 2008

Amel!

My best friend and I drove the 2 hours to San Diego to hear the beautiful and ridiculously talented Amel Larrieux sing, and it was worth so much more than the gas money and the ticket cost combined. I felt like I was in heaven just watching her control that stage and hearing her voice glide effortlessly over the sounds of her band playing beautiful jazz melodies. She sang every single song I that I'd hoped she'd sing. It was as if she had put the entire show together especially for me. If you ever have an opportunity to see her live, do yourself a favor and go. And if you don't have them already all of her albums are worth purchasing, but I especially recommend "Bravebird". I feel rejuvenated and on top of the world right now. Thank you so much Mrs. Larrieux for making tonight beautiful.

4 comments:

SerenityLife said...

ooh wow! Thank you for sharing your sincere and loving review of Amel Larrieux's performance in San Diego. I was wondering if you are a member of www.blisslife.com ?

If not, come and join the community!! You are a birdie!

So glad you had the chance to see her live. She really is a treat to see live! That is what I tell EVERYBODY!

Thanks again for sharing..

Lorenzo. said...

Fuck is a blisslife?

Anyways amel larrieux is my boo, im slightly jealous that you saw her in person

Gem said...

You should definitely join www.blisslife.com (Amel's fansite) and talk in the forums; everyone is cool there. Lol at the previous comment.

I love Amel, and I love to see when people describe her concerts. I have not gotten to see her live before, but one day I will.

Take care!

Neek said...

Lorenzo, I'm going to pray for you, lol.